Diode Laser VS IPL Hair Removal Technology: Which One Is Right For You?
Hair removal has become increasingly popular over the years, with many individuals seeking ways to achieve a smooth and hair-free body. Two popular methods of hair removal are diode laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) hair removal. Both techniques have their pros and cons, and understanding the differences between them can help you make an informed decision about which method is best for you.
What Is Diode Laser Hair Removal?
Diode laser hair removal is a method of hair removal that uses a concentrated beam of light to target the hair follicle, damaging it to prevent further hair growth.
The laser emits a single wavelength of light that is absorbed by the melanin in the hair, which then converts to heat energy that destroys the hair follicle.
Diode lasers are effective at removing hair from most areas of the body, including the face, underarms, bikini line, and legs.
Amongst the different lasers available, the diode laser has stood the test of time. There are many reasons for this, such as:
- Diode laser projects light within the visible to the infrared range (~810 nm) in order to target specific pigment cells.
- It works on both light and dark skin. However, it is more effective for darker, terminal hair than lighter, finer hair.
- Compared to other lasers, its wavelength offers the deepest penetration and superior melanin absorption.
What Is IPL Hair Removal?
IPL, on the other hand, uses a broad spectrum of light that is scattered and absorbed by the hair follicle. The light energy heats up and damages the hair follicle, leading to hair reduction.
Since IPL produces a range of different wavelengths and colors that are dispersed at various levels of depths, the diffused energy not only targets the melanin in your hair follicle, but also the surrounding skin.
IPL is not a true laser, but it is often marketed as a laser hair removal treatment.
What’s the Difference between Diode Laser Hair Removal and IPL?
Both diode lasers and IPL are used for hair removal by targeting the hair follicle and preventing further hair growth. However, diode lasers are often considered to be more effective and precise than IPL for hair removal, especially on darker skin types, as they can specifically target the melanin in hair follicles while leaving the surrounding skin unharmed.
IPL, on the other hand, can be less effective on darker skin types due to the broad spectrum of light used, which can cause damage to the surrounding skin.
Here is a more detailed comparison table to show you the difference between the diode laser and IPL hair removal technologies.
What Is the Best for Hair Removal?
Both diode laser and IPL hair removal methods are effective at reducing hair growth. Ultimately, the best method for you depends on your skin type, hair color, and individual preferences.
With that said, diode lasers have emerged as the preferred technology in the field due to their effectiveness and versatility. Compared to IPL hair removal, diode lasers have proven to be more efficient in the long-term and can cater to a broader spectrum of skin types and hair colors.
While IPL hair removal is a more affordable option, it has limitations in terms of power and cooling, resulting in lower efficacy, greater potential for side effects, and increased discomfort when compared to the advanced diode laser technology available today.
ViQure Is Your Perfect Whole-Body Permanent Hair Removal Solution both at Home or Salon
ViQure S701 is an innovative hair removal device that utilizes advanced 808 nm wavelength diode laser technology. This technology is commonly used in salons for professional hair removal treatments. And now, you could enjoy salon-quality hair removal results, right from your home.
The device is designed to effectively remove unwanted hair from the body without causing damage to the skin, making it a safe and efficient solution for achieving smooth and hair-free skin.
- Cutting-edge diode laser technology (the most suitable technology for permanent laser hair reduction)
- 808 nm ±10% wavelength (the gold standard for permanent hair removal with optimal results)
- 3 times more hair-eliminating energy, fast and efficient
- Most advanced TEC (Thermoelectric Cooling) cooling technology for pain-free treatment
- Suitable for all skin types (including dark skin) and body parts
- Up to 5,000,000 shots, long service life
- 3.5-inch LCD touch screen for intuitive control
- Super easy to use and support customizable treatments solutions
- Compact and portable design for use at home or salon
- FDA and CE approved